What do teeny tiny babies like?
After spending nine months in a sensory deprivation chamber, simple toys fascinate newborn babies. Tiny brains develop tremendously through their first three months. Good toys help babies reach milestones by stimulating their senses and encouraging interaction with their new world. Here are some details that newborn babies will enjoy:
- Bright contrasting colors.
- Bold patterns like polka dots and stripes.
- Soft sounds like crinkling, squeaking, and rattling.
- Textured details like tags, embroidery, and silk.
- 100% silicone or untreated wood for chewing.
Safety first! Be sure to avoid small parts or any part that could be detached. For example, opt for stuffed animals with embroidered eyes instead of beads.
Here are a few of our favorite items for newborns: